Providing advice and structuring the activities of a Mauritian collective investment scheme within Zimbabwe, which involved the following:
• Drafting Debenture Agreements and Commercial Paper Agreements pursuant to revolving loan facilities to be provided by our clients to Zimbabwean and Zambian companies;
• Drafting Security Agreements, including Cession Agreements, Pledge Agreements, Guarantee Agreements, Subordination of Loan Agreements;
• Providing advice on the enforceability of security in foreign jurisdictions;
• Registering security for loan facilities with the Deeds Registry in Zimbabwe.
Loan finance in the agricultural sector for European companies involved in the agriculture sector, which involved the following:
• Drafting legal opinions regarding our clients’ respective proposed investments in Zimbabwe;
• Drafting Management and Financing Agreements;
• Reviewing and drafting Loan Agreements;
• Drafting Security Cession Agreements;
• Liaising with banking institutions regarding exchange control approvals for the loan finance;
• Liaising with the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority regarding the tax implications of our clients’ respective investments in Zimbabwe.